- Press & News
- KVM solutions
- KVM extenders
- Digital KVM matrix systems
- KVM add-ons
- KVM extenders
Download our product catalogues as PDF files.Easy project planning with our prefabricated visio shapes.Here you can download the latest tools & drivers for our products.
- Visio shapes
- Tools & drivers
Our KVM systems are plug & play devices that are intuitive to operate and configure. For a more fundamental understanding of the products, we offer a variety of training modules.Do you have questions about your product or applications? Then contact our support team - send an email, call us or use our contact form.Contact our support team if your device needs to be repaired. If we cannot solve the problem on the phone please use our RMA form. This enables us to solve your problem as fast as possible.If you received an incorrect delivery or the order has not been correct, please consult our sales or support team. After consultation please fill out the form.
- KVM training
- Support request
- KVM training
- Social Media
Press releases, blog posts and news about upcoming trade shows – get the most important information about G&D on LinkedIn.
Interviews from trade shows and other events as well as training videos about new functions included in our products.
News about our products, impressions from our trade shows and a general insight into everyday life at G&D.
- KVM solutions
ControlCenter-Digital - Flexibility in new dimensions
The new ControlCenter-Digital is a KVM matrix switch, which helps you operate multiple computers via multiple consoles. With its modular setup, the new ControlCenter-Digital is highly flexible and ready to adapt to any surrounding conditions. The matrix switch enables the remote access of large, distributed IT installations in control rooms and is ready for any future IT requirements.
Depending on the chosen variation, the available 288, 160 or 80 dynamic ports can be connected either as computer or as user port. Which type of module is connected is automatically detected by the ControlCenter-Digital.
Variants of the ControlCenter-Digital
The following variants of the ControlCenter-Digital are available:
Flexible thanks to modular design
The ControlCenter-Digital provides maximum flexibility. Thanks to its modular setup, all system components are precisely tailored to your requirements. Therefore, your individual ControlCenter-Digital is equipped with exactly the components you need – not more and not fewer.
The modular design consists of:
The input/output cards establish a connection between the ControlCenter-Digital and its computer modules and user modules. Each card provides 16 ports, which automatically detect the type of module connected to the matrix switch. The cards run independently from each other – even in mixed mode.
The I/O-Card-CAT offers you 16 RJ45 sockets to connect CAT-x cables. The distance between user modules and computer modules can be up to 140 m.
Optical fibres are the ideal solution to bridge large distances. The transmission distance can be up to 10 km.
The I/O Card Trunk4 can be placed in one of the I/O slots of the ControlCenter-Digital matrix system. The I/O-Card-Trunk4 reduces the grid lines required for a matrix grid by combining 4 of the 16 channels on one line. For transmission between two matrices, the four ports of an I/O-Card-Trunk4 can be configured independently for a 1:1 direct connection. Transmission between two I/O-Card-Trunk is carried by even more powerful components compared to the standard. These components let you use the fourfold of the bandwidth at the same time – thus saving you three quarters of the cabling effort.
In addition to dedicated connection options, the I/O-Card-Trunk4 is also Ethernet-capable, thus allowing you to use existing network structures. You can even set up KVM matrix installations across locations and large distances if suitable connections are available. Multi-user access from several locations is also possible.
The I/O-Card-Multi lets you connect third-party devices to the matrix from where they can be switched, too. Some of the signals supported are SDI, HD-SDI, 3G-SDI, USB 3.0 Spectra or 1Gb Ethernet.
The following components are included in shipment:
CCD switch card
The CCD switch card provides the matrix’s central switching logic. Like all other modular parts of the matrix, the switch card is hot-swappable and can be easily replaced.
Redundant power packs
The ControlCenter-Digital is supplied with power from three redundant power packs. Each of the three power packs is hot-swappable and can be replaced during operation.
CCD controller card
The controller card contains the central processor unit to administrate, monitor and control the system.
The fan boards are placed at the sides of the ControlCenter-Digital. Thanks to their modular design, the fan boards can be easily replaced or cleaned during operation.
As a part of the expansion module "TS function", CrossDisplay-Switching enables users to switch between channels simply by moving the mouse. The mouse acts as if on a “virtual desktop” and can be moved seamlessly across the connected displays. Moving the cursor from the active to another display, the keyboardmouse focus automatically switches to the connected computer.
Now users can create an intuitive multi-monitor console and use the mouse to easily switch between channels.
Push get function
Push-get function optimises collaboration in the control room and allows the user to „push“ (push) the image on his monitor to the display of another workstation or a large-screen projection or to „get“ it from there (Get).
This solution also improves the communication, flexibility and speed within the team, since employees can now perform tasks together.
In addition to combining multiple computers to a console, the ControlCenter-Digital also supports multi-monitor consoles for computers with several video outputs. Here, multiple channels can easily be combined as port groups.
As always, you can administrate all functions in theControlCenter-Digital web interface. In addition to multiple screens, you can include other signals in these groups. The system also transmits and switches transparent USB2.0 signals as well as RS232.
If several ControlCenter-Digital ports are grouped as a multi-channel configuration,
the USB pinning function enables you to hold the USB transmission on the current computer even when switching to another channel. In this case USB transmission is not interrupted but put on hold.
The dynamic ports of the ControlCenter-Digital are usable for computer or user modules. The ControlCenter-Digital identifies automatically if a computer module or console module is connected.
Monitoring | SNMP
The CCD-Monitoring feature enables you to detect the system status of G&D devices.
The web interface of the particular device provides information that can be sent (SNMP trap) or queried (SNMP GET).
- ControlCenter-Digital is compatible with all ControlCenter-Compact and DVICenter system components
- ControlCenter-Compact and DVICenter can be fully integrated into the system as a slave
- Boot loader, operating system and firmware form a trusted computing platform to protect the system against third-party manipulations
- integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) protects any access and configuration data against exposure with RSA encryption process
- configuration data is saved at two SSDs which are connected over a RAID1 system
- Failover connection (if the central module fails, you can establish a direct connection between user module and computer module and still operate the system). This feature is provided for distances up to 140m (over CAT-cable).
- Access protection and user administration (can be switched off)
- Redundant power supply system, three redundant power packs
- Accesses only the computers' standard interfaces and requires no software installation
- The device contains four different types of cards: I/O CAT cards and I/O Fiber cards to connect the cabling at both the computer and the console side, the switch card with the central processor unit and the controller card that holds the logic.
- Switch card and controller card are modular and can be replaced
- Three redundant power packs that can be replaced during operation
- I/O CAT cards, I/O Fibre cards, power supplies and fan boards are hot-pluggable and hot-swappable
- Device cascading enables even large installations with thousands of computers
- Shipped in an aluminium housing for best interference immunity
Network / Communication
- Auto-recognition and display of the system structure
- Two network ports
- Configuration over web interface
- Central update of all ControlCenter-Digital components over network
- Text based media control over TCP/IP e.g. AMX, Crestron, VSM as KSC-Commander
- Support of external authentication via LDAP, Active Directory, TACACS+, Radius
- Expandable with Matrix-Grid™ function
- DVICenter can be integrated into the system as slave
- Cascadable to up to three levels
- Firmware expansion for multi-monitor consoles (TS function)
- Firmware expansion for moving/getting own or external screen contents (Push-Get function)
- Firmware expansion for preparing the switching over network (IP-Control-API)
Application of the ControlCenter-Digital
The ControlCenter-Digital enables the flexible and decentralised operation of large and distributed IT installations.
With its modular setup, a broad range of supported signals and transmission media,
the ControlCenter-Digital can be applied in applications like control centres, OB vans or studios.
List of Item Numbers
What is a KVM matrix switch?
G&D product filter
To give you an overview of our broad product portfolio, we have designed the G&D product filter. You can also compare products directly with each other.