DP1.2-Vision - transmission of DisplayPort 1.2 signals via CAT or fibre optics
The system consists of a computer module (transmitter) and a user module (receiver) and enables you to operate a computer on a local or remote console.
DP1.2-Vision uses CAT-x cables or fibre optics to transmit signals up to 10,000 m. The devices use DisplayPort 1.2 video and are available as single and multi channel variant (in preparation). It is also possible to transmit transparent USB 2.0, RS232 and audio signals.
With its network port, the web interface and monitoring functions, the DP1.2-Vision system offers important features for mission-critical applications.
DP1.2-Vision systems are available as CAT or Fiber variants. These differ by the used transmission cable between the sender and receiver module.
The signals are transmitted via copper cables. You can reach up to 140 m transmission length with this cable type. These variants have a transmission bandwidth up to 1Gbit/s.
Big distances are bridgeable with fibre optics. The signals can be transmitted by multimode or singlemode fibers up to 10,000 m. These variants have a transmission bandwidth up to 3,125Gbit/s
With the Monitoring function, you can auto-output device status messages to Syslog servers or via SNMP. The web interface lets you monitor the device manually. The Monitoring function of the DP1.2-Vision queries the following values:
- Proactive monitoring of device states
- Event reporting function (Syslog or SNMP traps)
- Status power supply unit (on/off)
- Status temperature threshold device (in/over limit)
- Status connection cables (ok/nok)
- Status computer (on/off)
- Status image signal graphics card computer (available/not available)
- Status network
- Fan monitoring
- Status SFP modules (in fiber variants)
- Status interfaces (CPU and CON modules)
- Freeze status (all channels)
- Type of display (local and remote)
If the console module loses the video signal due to a broken connection or a problem with the computer's graphics card, the Screen-Freeze function "freezes" the last displayed image of the monitor. This state is highlighted by a red semi-transparent frame. The function is automatically cancelled when the display receives an active video signal again.
- Support of DisplayPort 1.2a video
- Support of 4K and ultra HD resolutions at 60 Hz
- Transmission is compressed, pixel perfect, with low latency and ideal hand eye coordination
- Pixel encoding RGB 4:4:4 with 24bpp / 8bpc
- Resolution with pixel rates between 25 MPixel/s and 600 MPixel/s at the computer module, at the local console and at the user module
- 24 bit colour depth
- Exemplary resolutions: 4096x2160/60Hz (4Kp60Hz), 3840x2160/60Hz (Ultra-HD/60Hz), 1920x1200/60Hz, 2560x1600/60Hz, 2048x2048/60Hz (2Kx2K)
- Further VESA and CEA standardized resolutions with refresh rates within the range of the maximum pixel rate as well as horizontal and vertical frequency possible
- Horizontal frequency: 25kHz - 180kHz
- Vertical frequency: 24Hz - 200Hz
- Can be operated in extender or matrix mode
- Ident LED to quickly find devices in complex installations
- Web interface for configuration, monitoring and updates
- SNMP (trap and agent)
- Permanent keyboard and mouse emulation
- Permanent monitor emulation
- EDID support
- Local console at computer module
- Freeze function at remote console
- Embedded audio on DisplayPort up to stereo PCM
- Audio stereo bidirectional
- RS232 transparent
- Support of PS/2 and USB keyboard/mouse (even in mixed mode). On computer side, PS/2 keyboard only
- Optional transparent USB2.0 (16Mbit/s) transmitted on primary KVM transmission channel
- Optional transparent USB2.0 (HiSpeed, 480Mbit/s) transmitted on additional transmission channel
- Distances up to 140 meters at maximum resolution over CAT-x cable (depending on cable: x = 5e, 6, 7)
- Distances up to 400 metres at maximum resolution with multimode fiber optics
- Distances up to 5,000 (S) or 10,000 m (S+) metres at maximum resolution with singlemode fiber optics
- Redundant power supply
- Internal power pack for main power supply
- Ventilation concept for the use in cold/hot aisle installations
- Support through KVM-NetworkCenter
- Galvanic separation of transmitter and receiver with fiber optics, resistant against interference radiation
- High reliability
- Over the config panel
- Multi channel (in preparation)
- "U" variants: integrated USB 2.0 transmission without an additional transmission cable. This variant offers transfer speed up to 16 Mbit/s.
- "U2" variants: USB 2.0 transmission with an additional cable. This solution reaches the HiSpeed transfer rate of 480 Mbit/s.
- DP1.2-Vision-CAT variants: transmission via CAT-x cables
- DP1.2-Vision-Fiber variants: transmission via multimode or singlemode fiber optics
Communication with KVM-NetworkCenter
DP1.2-Vision uses the network to communicate with the appliance KVM-NetworkCenter. When deploying more than one DP1.2-Vision, you can query and configure the devices by using the KVM-NetworkCenter.
Link the computer to the back of the DP1.2-Vision transmitter. Distinctive cables connect the computer's keyboard, video, mouse, audio, RS232, and USB interfaces to the DP1.2-Vision computer module.
Installing the user console is just as easy: simply connect the operating hardware with the corresponding interfaces of the DP1.2-Vision receiver.
Use the existing cabling structure to link transmitter and receiver.
Embedding extenders in digital matrix systems
To be prepared for growing installations, the integrated matrix support turns the DP1.2-Vision into a future-proof investment.
This way, it is possible to include extenders into digital G&D matrix systems. Thus, users benefit from more flexibility through distributed access.
|U||integrated USB 2.0 transmission without an additional transmission cable - Transfer speed up to 16 Mbit/s|
|U2||USB 2.0 transmission with an additional cable - Transfer speed up to 480 Mbit/s|
|MC2||Multichannel variant with two video inputs per channel|
|MC3||Multichannel variant with three video inputs per channel|
|MC4||Multichannel variant with four video inputs per channel|
Please note that not all CAT-x cables can transmit the max. distance and resolution in the highest quality possible. Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of doubt.
Transmission via CAT-X cable
Transmission via fibre optics
Resolutions up to 4K
DisplayPort™ video signals
DVI-DualLink video signals
DVI-SingleLink video signals
Analogue VGA video signals
Mix & Match compatible
USB 2.0 transmission
USB 3.0 transmission
Transmission of audio signals
New contact details
Guntermann & Drunck GmbH Systementwicklung
Obere Leimbach 9
57074 Siegen - Germany
Phone: +49 271 23872-0
Fax: +49 271 23872-120