- Press & News
- KVM solutions
- KVM extenders
- Digital KVM matrix systems
- KVM add-ons
- KVM extenders
Download our product catalogues as PDF files.Easy project planning with our prefabricated visio shapes.Here you can download the latest tools & drivers for our products.
- Visio shapes
- Tools & drivers
Our KVM systems are plug & play devices that are intuitive to operate and configure. For a more fundamental understanding of the products, we offer a variety of training modules.Do you have questions about your product or applications? Then contact our support team - send an email, call us or use our contact form.Contact our support team if your device needs to be repaired. If we cannot solve the problem on the phone please use our RMA form. This enables us to solve your problem as fast as possible.If you received an incorrect delivery or the order has not been correct, please consult our sales or support team. After consultation please fill out the form.
- KVM training
- Support request
- KVM training
You can visit us at many trade fairs all over the world.
- Next event
- Experience KVM live
- Social Media
Press releases, blog posts and news about upcoming trade shows – get the most important information about G&D on LinkedIn.
Interviews from trade shows and other events as well as training videos about new functions included in our products.
News about our products, impressions from our trade shows and a general insight into everyday life at G&D.
The infoComm has been cancelled. For further information please click hereOur customers are in the focus of all our actions. Therefore, we would like to invite you to visit us at one of the following events Use the chance to get to know us and our products on-site. Only by talking to you directly, we can understand your requirements and wishes. This gives us the possibility to develop products fitting your individual applications.MENÜMENU
- KVM solutions
DP1.2-VisionXG - KVM extender system for native 4K-UltraHD resolutions and 8K resolutions when using at least two video channels
The DP1.2-VisionXG system is a powerful KVM extender to extend high-resolution 4K and 8K video signals at 60 Hz – pixel-perfect, uncompressed, without any loss and latency-free. The devices are available as variants displaying one, two, three and four video channels.
The video channels of the DP1.2-VisionXG are working source synchronously and can be combined on the console side. This enables the display of 4K@120 Hz or 8K@30 Hz when using two video channels and 8K@60 Hz when using four video channels.
Optical fibres (9/125 µm single-mode) let you transmit signals over distances of up to 10,000 m. Thanks to the innovative transmission pooling, the image data is combined and bundled with the USB 2.0 keyboard, mouse and audio data. Depending on the application, this helps you save transmission lines.
The extender system consists of a computer module (transmitter) and a console module (receiver) and facilitates the remote operation of one computer (up to 10,000 m). The computer module also provides a local port to connect a console module.
- Native 4K resolution at 60 Hz per channel and source-synchronous aggregation when using multi-channel variants
- Supports 4K and UltraHD resolutions at 60Hz
- Supports 2560x1440 resolutions at 144Hz
- Supports 1920x1080 resolutions at 240Hz
- Supports 8K resolutions at 30Hz when using two video channels
- Supports 8K resolutions at 60Hz when using four video channels
- Pixel rate up to 600 MP/s
- Vertical frequency: 24 Hz - 240 Hz
- Horicontal frequency: 25 kHz - 295 kHz
- 24 bit colour mode
- Supports nVidia 3D-Vision 120Hz: 1680×1050@120 Hz
- Pixel encoding of RGB 4:4:4 with 24bpp/8bpc
- Further standardized resolutions possible as part of the maximum pixel rate
- Uncompressed, lossless transmission in 1:1 performance, pixel perfect, latency free (zero delay) transmission, no frame drops, no tearing with a perfect hand eye coordination
- Transmission pooling: bundled transmission of image data, USB 2.0 keyboard, mouse and audio data; depending on the application, this helps you save transmission lines.
- Visually lossless image data compression (fall-back compression) can be activated for emergency operation (for example, if single transmission lines fail, the bandwidth may be reduced in a way that uncompressed transmission can no longer be ensured)
- Supports E-EDID for each video channel
- Generic implementation of DDC/CI information possible
- Numerous features for mission-critical applications: Network connection, web interface, monitoring function, syslog and SNMP
- Operation (competing and exclusive) via local or remote console
- Update via Config Panel
- Galvanic separation of transmitter and receiver
- Resistant against interference radiation
- Two network interfaces
- Configuration via web interface
- Redundant power and voltage supply
- Desktop variant including 19” rackmount set
- Ventilation concept for the use in cold/hot aisle installations
- DisplayPort 1.2
- Support of PS/2 and USB keyboard/mouse; even in mixed mode
- 100 % permanent keyboard/mouse emulation
- Transmission of bidirectional audio and RS232 signals by default
- Embedded audio on DisplayPort
- Transparent transmission of USB 2.0 (optional)
- 10,000 m over two pairs of single-mode fibers (9/125 µm, 2,000 MHz*km, OS1)
- 400 m over two pairs of multi-mode fibers (50/125 µm, 4,700 MHz*km, OM4)
- 300 m over two pairs of multi-mode fibers (50/125 µm, 2,000 MHz*km, OM3)
- 82 m over two pairs of multi-mode fibers (50/125 µm, 500 MHz*km, OM2)
- 66 m over two pairs of multi-mode fibers (50/125µm µm)
- 33 m over two pairs of multi-mode fibers (62,5/125 µm, 200 MHz*km, OM1)
- 26 m over two pairs of multi-mode fibers (62,5/125 µm, 160 MHz*km, OM1)
Thanks to the innovative transmission pooling, the image data is combined and bundled with the USB 2.0 keyboard, mouse and audio data. Depending on the application, this helps you save transmission lines.
Link aggregation increases reliability of network ports
Monitoring and reporting of operating status over web interface
Report and request of system status via SNMP trap and agent
Logbook: electronic notes about the device; can be exported as .csv file
Ident LED to quickly find devices in complex installations
If the display loses the video signal due to a broken connection or a problem with the computer's graphics card, the Sreen-freeze function "freezes" the image last displayed on the monitor. This status is highlighted by a red semi-transparent frame. In the meantime, the monitor displays the time and how long the video signal has been down so far. The function is automatically cancelled when the display receives an active video signal.
With the monitoring function, you can auto-output device status messages to syslog servers or SNMP. The web interface lets you monitor the device manually. The monitoring function of the DP1.2-VisionXG queries the following values:
- Proactive monitoring of device states
- Event reporting function (syslog or SNMP traps)
- Status: Power supply unit (on/off)
- Status: Temperature threshold device (in/over limit)
- Status: Connection cable (ok/nok)
- Status: Computer (on/off)
- Status: Image signal graphics card computer (available/not available)
- Status: Peripherals, monitors, video signal, USB 2.0
- Monitoring: Availability of network interfaces
- Monitoring: Fan status
Support of the DDC/CI protocol
DP1.2-VisionXG extender systems support the DDC/CI protocol. Thus, displays in control rooms can be automatically configured and the brightness of displays, for example, can simply be adjusted to external light conditions. However, support cannot be guaranteed for all monitors.
- Multi-channel 2
- Multi-channel 3
- Multi-channel 4
- Units are supplied as desktop variants
- 19" rackmount kit included
The computer is linked to the back of the DP1.2-VisionXG transmitter. Distinctive cables connect the computer's keyboard, video, mouse, audio, and USB interfaces to the DP1.2-VisionXG computer module.
Installing the console module is just as easy: Simply connect the operating hardware with the corresponding interfaces of the DP1.2-VisionXG receiver.
Use the existing cabling structure to link transmitter and receiver (multimode or singlemode optical fibres).
List of Item Numbers
|U||integrated USB 2.0 transmission without an additional transmission cable - Transfer speed up to 16 Mbit/s|
|U2||USB 2.0 transmission with an additional cable - Transfer speed up to 480 Mbit/s|
|MC2||Multichannel variant with two video inputs|
|MC3||Multichannel variant with three video inputs|
|MC4||Multichannel variant with four video inputs|
|UC||Two different counterpart stations (either digital extenders of the Vision series or compatible matrix switches) can be connected to the optionally available UC variants of the target modules.|
|CON-2||Two different counterpart stations (either digital extenders of the Vision series or compatible matrix switches) can be connected to the optionally available CON-2 variants of the user modules.|
Transmission via CAT-X cable
Transmission via fibre optics
Resolutions up to 4K
DisplayPort™ video signals
DVI-DualLink video signals
DVI-SingleLink video signals
Analogue VGA video signals
Mix & Match compatible
USB 2.0 transmission
USB 3.0 transmission
Transmission of audio signals
G&D product filter
To give you an overview of our broad product portfolio, we have designed the G&D product filter. You can also compare products directly with each other.