miniMUX - operate up to 8 computers with VGA via one console
With miniMUX KVM switches, you can operate 2, 4, or 8 computers over one user console.
The miniMUX switches the following signals:
When cascaded, you can operate up to 64 computers. The devices are available as variants transmitting 1 or 2 video channels.
A working system consists of one miniMUX and the required computer connection cable sets.
- VGA resolution up to 1920 × 1440 @ 75 Hz or 2k × 2k @ 60Hz
- Video bandwidth VGA up to 400 MHz
- Single-/multi-channel variants
- Accesses only standard keyboard/video/mouse interfaces
- Full keyboard/mouse emulation for each channel
- Requires no software installation
- Available as desktop and rack mount version
- Can be combined with all G&D products
- Password protection and rights assignment for each user
- PS/2 and USB keyboard/mouse support
- Access protection can be disabled
- Computer-sided support for USB, SUN-USB and PS/2 keyboard/mouse
- Redundant power supply
- Cascadable to up to 64 computers
- Flash upgrade at device
- Available as desktop (DT) or rack mount (RM) variant
- miniMUX2 - single channel, MC2
- miniMUX4 - single channel, MC2
- miniMUX8 - single channel
- Available for PS/2 or USB connections
The miniMUX devices are fully equipped. Recently no expansions are available.
Connect the computers to the back side of the device. Combined standard cables link keyboard, video, and mouse interfaces to the switch.
- Cable length for PS/2 cable sets: 2 m, 4 m, 6m
- Cable length for USB cable sets: 2 m, 4 m
For connecting the user console simply link keyboard, monitor, and mouse to the intended interfaces.
To find out more details about the startup, you can download the miniMUX manual.
List of item numbers
|MC2||Multichannel variant with two video inputs per channel|
|MC3||Multichannel variant with three video inputs per channel|
|MC4||Multichannel variant with four video inputs per channel|
|PS/2||PS/2 interface for keyboard and mouse|
|USB||USB interface for keyboard and mouse|
|OSD||Integrated On screen display|
Resolutions up to 4K
DisplayPort™ video signals
DVI-DualLink video signals
DVI-SingleLink video signals
Analogue VGA video signals
USB 2.0 transmission
Transmission of audio signals
New contact details
Guntermann & Drunck GmbH Systementwicklung
Obere Leimbach 9
57074 Siegen - Germany
Phone: +49 271 23872-0
Fax: +49 271 23872-120